The overall objective of this assignment was to design financial and non-financial incentive models for different health cadres to implement the integrated roadmap for healthcare delivery in Sudan.
The main objective of the consultancy was to analyze the current incentive models for health staff in the MOH, including staff working for different public health programs (Preventive programs) and at the health facilities those providing both preventive and curative services. Based on the findings, the consultant was expected to create appropriate strategic guidelines to apply proper incentives models (financial and non-financial ones).
Specific objectives of the technical assistance were as follows:
- Identify and explore appropriate ways of incentivizing health services provider in public entities,
- Create strategy to incorporate the new dimensions of health financing and payments agreed upon in the national health financing policy.
As per the Terms of Reference, the CGC team was required to carry out the following activities/services :
Output 1: Study design and tools to analyze the incentive models in public health sector
- Deliverable 1.1: Design an appropriate study protocol, tools and study materials to understand current incentives models in Sudan;
- Deliverable 1.2: Present to stakeholders, lead discussion and build consensus on it
Output 2: Study report
- Deliverable 2.1: Lead the study to review and assess the current incentives models at public health programs and health facilities in different states where applicable.
- Deliverable 2.2: Build capacities and equip the national team with skills to enable appropriate data collection,
- Deliverable 2.3: Guide and coordinate the data collection to ensure the appropriate and quality data and to build capacities on the national team
- Deliverable 2.4: Compile, tabulate and analyze the study results data, and generate results
Output 3: Case study for incentive models
- Deliverable 3.1: Build a case study for incentives models (financial and non-financial) fulfilling the objectives of integrated health policy applied in FMOH.
- Deliverable 3.2: Innovate solutions and create plan based on the study results
- Deliverable 3.3: Guide the discussion with different stakeholders and build consensus on the built case study
Output 4: Incentives models
- Deliverable 4.1: Guide the government to create an appropriate small scale integrated incentives model for national, state and facility levels;
- Deliverable 4.2: Create a concrete guidelines and operational plan for effective implementation of the developed staff incentives models to the health integrated programs.
Output 5: implementation of small scale incentives model
- Deliverable 5.1: Guide the federal ministry of health to implement the incentives model at national, state and facility levels;
Output 6: Final report
- Deliverable 6.1: Write a comprehensive final report on the assignment