The purpose of the assignment was to conduct a comprehensive study in HIV area to evaluate the progress in the implementation of the The State Programme on stabilization of HIV epidemic in the Kyrgyz Republic (2012-2016; to identify the gaps and losses in the continuum of HIV service provision for PWID for further refocusing of the state programme (if necessary), and to develop an action plan to implement the state programme for 2015-2016.
The study consisted 2 researches (components) followed by a planning exercise:
- Mid-term evaluation of the progress in the implementation of the State Program on HIV/AIDS (hereinafter referred to as âState Programâ or âSP) against 5 strategies (16 targets);
- Assessment of HIV continuum of care for persons who inject drugs (PWID); and
- Development of the action plan with budget to implement the State Program on HIV/AIDS for 2015-2016
CGC team comprised of international and national experts carried out three distinct exercise for the comprehensive study of HIV in the Kyrgyz Republic and completed successfully the following tasks as defined in the Terms of Reference:
- To determine the regions to be surveyed jointly with the interested country-based partners;
- Develop a methodology for the Study;
- Conduct mid-term evaluation;
- Conduct HIV continuum of care research for PWID;
- Based on the findings develop an action plan to implement the state programme for 2015-2016.
- Discuss findings with stakeholders and collect comments;
- Provide final Study report and make presentation;
The CGC team submitted the following deliverables in English and Russian:
- Report on the preliminary findings of a desk review of available information
- Report on the methodology of the Study.
- Report on the results of mid-term evaluation and the assessment of HIV continuum of care for PWID
- Presentation to health sector joint appraisal conference in PowerPoint