The purpose of these consultancy services was to support health sector strategy formulation and ensure Government ownership of the strategy and the process.
The CGC team was responsible to:
- Ensure development and agreement of mission, goals, and objectives of the strategy based on the values of the health system in Tajikistan and clear sector priorities.
- Ensure coordination with the wider national development processes and comply with the existing sub-sector strategies and other project reviews, studies, and evidence.
- Ensure development and agreement of an action plan for Strategy implementation.
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with the MTEF project team, preparing the ground for a future full-fledged costing of the strategy.
- Ensure development and agreement of a monitoring framework for assessing the implementation of the strategy by identifying critical assumptions, risks and appraising the change needed to achieve the objectives in each area.
- Ensure development and agreement of a monitoring framework for the development of the health sector strategy composed of a relatively compact set of indicators to assess progress against set results
- Inform regularly the Steering Committee of the progress of work and convene relevant sector stakeholders to agree further on the findings, priorities and steps further in each sector/sub-sector.
- Advocate for the Strategy and coordinate all related activities including the consultation and dissemination process.
- Consolidate, compile and summarize the work done by the Working Groups into a single high-quality document. The final Strategy document shall consistently contain description of the process, situation analysis, priorities based on the system values, action/operational plan.