The overall purpose of this assigment was to assist Moldovan Institute for Human Rights (IDOM) in the identification of capacity gaps, prioritization of capacity building needs and preparation of a proposal of capacity-building interventions to address them.
Therefore, consulting services entail with the following scope of work:
- Development of a capacity-self assessment tool tailored to the local specifics and helpful to identify concerns and underlying causes;
- Review of background documents (related to the performance of IDOM performance, organizational & Governance structures, OSI grant application requirements, etc);
- Conduct Performance Assessment by assessing optimal performance in key areas and documenting actual performance within those areas: Governance and decision-making processes; management processes, finances, staffing, monitoring & evaluation system, relationships with others and its results;
- Conduct SWOT analysis for each of the assessed performance areas and identify relevant actions to be taken based on the results of the SWOT.
- Draft a report detailing the findings of the performance assessment, along with the team’ recommendations for prioritized performance solutions to close any identified performance gaps.
- Based on the results of the performance assessment and consultations with internal stakeholder group, develop a proposal for external Donor funding to address the organization’ capacity-building needs.