Under the twinning arrangement, CGC experts provided services to the Ministry of Health, Health Departments of Local Governments as well as the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade in the following four areas:
- Capacity Building for Health Policy and Strategy Development.
- Strengthening health budget formation, planning and monitoring at national and oblast levels.
- Building purchasing capacity and strengthening results-based providers payment that motivate providers to deliver efficient, effective and high-quality services to the population.
Actual services provided:
- \tSupport to the MoH in the area of health budget formulation and budgetary planning and national, oblast and facility level.
- Delivery of a preliminary report on budget formation at the Oblast and health care provider levels including scope for performance-based approaches and recommendations on new budgetary allocation model.
- To provide consulting inputs in building purchasing capacity and strengthening results based provides payment that motivates providers to deliver efficient, effective and high-quality services to the population.
- Lead in the preparation of the Technical Paper on international experience and best practices in health services purchasing and implications for the development of the purchasing functions in Kazakhstan.